Check-in policy of Emirates airlines offers travelers convenient options. Passengers can check in online 24 hours before departure via the website or mobile app, selecting seats and receiving digital boarding passes. Airport kiosk are available for self-service check-in. For a personal touch, Emirates check-in counters have airline staff assisting.
Additionally, Emirates provides automatic check-in via their app for eligible flights. Efficient and flexible, these methods enhance the pre-flight experience, ensuring a smooth journey for all passengers. Remember to review specific requirements based on flight destinations and details.
How to Check-in for your Emirates flight?
Emirates web check-in is a great way for passengers to skip long waiting lines. Emirates offers many convenient options to suit every passenger’s travel needs. Passengers can experience seamless check-in through our website or app, available 48 hours before departure to save time at the airport with self-service kiosks or traditional counter check-in.
i) Emirates Check-in using their Website:
- Open your web browser and go to the official Emirates website www.emirates.com.
- Look for “Manage” or “Manage Booking” on the Emirates homepage. It’s usually located at the top right corner of the page. Click on it.
- You will need to provide the necessary information to retrieve your booking. This typically includes your booking reference (a PNR number) and the passenger’s last name. Enter these details in the appropriate fields.
- Once you’ve entered the required information, click the “Retrieve Booking.” This should take you to the page where you can manage your booking.
- You will then see a list of your upcoming flights on the manage booking page. Select the specific flight for which you want to check-in.
- After selecting your flight, you will likely see an option to begin the check-in process. Click on it to start the check-in process.
- You will be prompted to enter or confirm passenger information such as names, contact details, and other required information. Make sure all the information is accurate and up to date.
- You’ll be presented with a seat map showing available seats. Choose your preferred seats, considering any additional fees for specific seat selections.
- Depending on your needs, you can add extras such as special meals, extra baggage, or airport lounge access. Select any additional services you want and proceed.
- Review all the information you’ve entered, including passenger details, seat selections, and any additional services. Ensure everything is correct before proceeding.
- Click the “Check-In” or “Confirm” button, and the system will process your check-in and generate your boarding passes.
- You must present your boarding pass at the airport for security and boarding purposes.
- On the day of your flight, arrive at the airport well before your departure time. Ensure your boarding passes and identification documents (passport, ID) are ready for security and check-in procedures.
ii) Emirates Check-in using their Mobile App:
- Search for “Emirates” and download the official Emirates App. Install the app and launch it.
- Open the Emirates App. Log in using your credentials if you already have an Emirates Skywards account.
- You can sign up for one within the app if you don’t have an account.
- After logging in, you’ll see the main screen of the app. Locate and tap the “Manage” or “My Trips” section.
- You will see a list of your upcoming flights. Tap on the flight for which you want to check-in.
- Once you’ve selected your flight, you’ll find a “Check-in” option. Tap on it to start the check-in process.
- You might need to enter some required information, such as your passport details, travel document number, and visa information (if applicable).
- Choose your preferred seats from the available options. You can view the seating layout and select seats for yourself and your travel companions.
- Review all the provided information, including your details, flight details, and seat selection. If everything looks correct, tap the “Confirm” or “Check-in” button.
- After successful check-in, you will receive your digital boarding pass within the app. You can also choose to have the boarding pass emailed to you or save it to your device’s digital wallet.
- The app might provide additional information such as baggage allowance, security regulations, and immigration requirements for your destination.
- Arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight’s departure time. Head to the designated Emirates flight check-in counters or kiosks to drop off checked baggage.
iii) Self Emirates Check-in Process:
- Upon arriving at the airport, look for signs or ask the airport staff to guide you to the Emirates self-check-in kiosks. These kiosks are usually located near the airline’s check-in counters.
- Start by selecting your preferred language on the kiosk’s touchscreen. Emirates offers a variety of languages to choose from.
- Put in your reference number of the booking at kiosk machine. You can use your Emirates booking reference, e-ticket number, passport, or Emirates Skywards membership card. Follow the on-screen prompts to enter this information.
- The kiosk will access your booking information based on the details you provided. Make sure to enter accurate and complete information.
- Your flight details will be displayed on the screen. Double-check that the departure time, destination, and your name are correct.
- If travelling with others, the kiosk may ask you to select the passengers you’re checking in. You can do this by selecting the relevant check boxes.
- The kiosk will show you the available seats on the flight. Select the seats you prefer for each passenger. Keep in mind that specific seats might have additional charges.
- If you have checked baggage, the kiosk will prompt you to indicate the number of bags you’re checking in. You can also prepay for additional luggage if needed.
- The kiosk might offer these options if you require special services or upgrades. Select the ones that apply to you.
- Review all the information you’ve entered, including passenger details, seat selections, baggage information, and any special services. Make sure everything is accurate before proceeding.
- If you’re checking in baggage and there are associated fees, the kiosk will prompt you to make the payment. Follow the instructions to complete the payment using a credit card or other accepted payment methods.
- Once all the details are confirmed, and payments are processed, the kiosk will generate your boarding passes. You can print these passes directly from the kiosk and you are good to go.
- If you have checked baggage, the kiosk might print baggage tags. Attach these tags to your luggage before proceeding to the baggage drop area.
- If you have no checked baggage, head to the security check and then to your departure gate. If you have checked your luggage, follow the signs to the baggage drop area.
- Proceed through security with your printed boarding passes and valid identification. After clearing security, follow airport signs to find your departure gate.
iv) Emirates Check-In at the Airport:
- Emirates generally recommends arriving about 3 hours before an international flight and around 2 hours before a domestic flight.
- Ask the airport staff to guide you to the Emirates Airlines check-in counters. These counters are typically located in the check-in area of the airport terminal.
- Join the appropriate queue for Emirates check-in. There may be separate queues for flight classes, such as Economy, Business, and First.
- Approach the check-in counter when it’s your turn. Present your identification documents, such as your passport or Emirates Skywards membership card.
- The Emirates staff will ask for your booking details, including your booking reference, e-ticket number, or passport information. Provide this information accurately.
- The check-in agent will display your flight details on their system. Double-check that the information is accurate, including your name, flight date, destination, and flight number.
- If you have checked baggage and it’s policy, let the check-in agent know the number of bags you’re checking in. They will weigh your baggage, attach appropriate tags, and send it for loading onto the aircraft.
- If you have any special requests or require upgrades (e.g., extra legroom seats), inform the check-in agent at this time.
- Once the check-in process is complete, the agent will provide you with printed boarding passes for your flight. These passes include essential information like your departure gate and boarding time.
- With your boarding passes and travel documents, proceed to the security checkpoint. After passing through security, follow airport signs to find your departure gate.
- Be at your departure gate well before the boarding time indicated on your boarding pass. Boarding typically begins 30 to 45 minutes before the flight’s departure time.
Emirates Check-in Deadlines – Arrive at the Airport on Time
Emirates Airlines maintains a check-in deadline to ensure smooth operations and on-time departures. For international flights, passengers must complete check-in at least 90 minutes before departure. For domestic flights, the check-in deadline is usually around 60 minutes before departure.
These deadlines allow sufficient time for security procedures, baggage handling, and boarding preparations. Passengers must adhere to these deadlines to avoid missing their flights and ensure a hassle-free travel experience with Emirates Airlines. If you need help navigating the Emirates Airlines web check-in process, you can contact Airlines Help Desk directly using this number: +1-855-738-4315
Frequent Asked Questions
What is the timeline for checking in on a flight with Emirates?
Emirates Airlines recommends passengers check in at least 90 minutes before departure for international flights and around 60 minutes before departure for domestic flights, ensuring smooth processing through security, baggage, and boarding.
How to get an Emirates International flight boarding pass?
To obtain an Emirates international flight boarding pass, check-in online or at the airport kiosk, providing booking details and identification. Receive the pass, containing flight information and departure gate, to proceed for security and boarding
Where to get the bag tags and drop off the bags when checked in using online methods?
Collect the bag tags at the airport's designated baggage drop area after checking in online. Attach the tags to your checked bags and drop them off there for proper handling and loading onto your Emirates flight.
How can passengers check in on an Emirates flight?
Passengers can check in for Emirates flights online through the official website or mobile app, at airport kiosks, or the check-in counters. Online check-in opens 48 hours before departure.