JetBlue Airways has a policy for making changes to flights. The airline has a same-day change policy and a 24-hour change policy. The Jetblue flight change policy is easier and more supportive. It helps the passengers to get the desired flight according to their needs. This guide will help you to get every detail associated with the flight change policy. So even if there's a change in your travel plan, JetBlue Airways has got you covered for the flight change. So, let's learn more:
What are the Ways to Quickly Change JetBlue Flight?
Jetblue Airways offers online and offline ways for flight change. You can choose any method according to your preference and understanding. Here are 2 major ways with simple steps that you can follow for Jetblue Airways’ change flight:
i) Online Method For JetBlue Flight Change
- Go to the official JetBlue Airways website
- Tap on the Flight Change page
- Fill up your booking details to get your booking details.
- Pick the flight which you want to change.
- Pick a new flight from the options provided according to your needs.
- Check your changes and confirm the new flight.
- Pay the fee for the flight change.
- Get confirmation mail on your registered email id.
ii) Offline Method For JetBlue Flight Change
You need to contact JetBlue Airways’ Customer Care Service for the offline flight change process. The expert representatives will assist you with the entire process. Just follow the steps given below:
- Visit the JetBlue Airways website.
- Get JetBlue Airways’ Customer Care contact details from the “Contact Us” page.
- Make a call to Customer Care directly.
- Discuss your flight change needs with the customer service representative.
- Share your flight details and confirmation number.
- Once the process is done, review the changes twice.
- If the representative asks you to pay a certain fee, accomplish it.
- Get confirmation details or mail on the registered email id.
How To Change JetBlue Flight? Discover Rules & Guidelines
Here are some important rules that you need to know before you make changes in your JetBlue flight bookings.
- Passengers can change their existing reservations once with no Jetblue Change fees beyond the fare difference.
- Customers must have their bookings available to be changed.
- All the changes must be made 14 days before the scheduled flight departure date.
- Refunds for canceled flights will be given in the form of a credit to be used for future flights.
- Any change in fare due to the change in destination or flight date must be paid by the passenger at the time of the change.
- If the new flight requires a higher fare, then the customer must pay the difference in fare at the time of change.
- If the new flight has a lower fare, then the customer will be refunded the difference in fare after the change is completed.
- All refunds and credits must be used within 12 months of issuance.
- If you are flying with a pet, you need to add the pet to your Jetblue bookings again.
JetBlue Flight Change Fees 2023
The fee to change a JetBlue flight depends on a variety of factors. The type of fare, the destination/origin, and the date/time of the flight. Generally, cancellations of a non-refundable fare can charge a cancellation fee of $200 approximately, plus any fare difference. The change fee for a refundable fare is $75 approx.
Steps to Avoid Paying JetBlue Flight Change Fee
If you need to change or cancel your flight with JetBlue Airways, follow these simple steps to avoid paying a flight change fee.
- Make flight changes within 24 hours of reservation. Also, no change fee will be charged if you change booking within 60 days or 7 days before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- When booking a one-way ticket with JetBlue, there is no change fee if you need to change the reservation before the day of travel.
- Book a refundable ticket type and enjoy the advantage of making flight changes for free on Jetblue Airlines.
How To Change Date On JetBlue Flight Ticket?
Want to change travel plans to another date? Relax, JetBlue Airways allows you to change the date very simply. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Jetblue Airways website and log in to your account.
- Choose “My Trips” from the homepage.
- Choose the flight you want to change
- Click “Cancel or Change Flight.”
- Select the option to “Change Flight.”
- Tap on the option to “Change Date or Time.”
- Select a new date for your flight and click “Continue.”
- Verify your payment information, if requested,
- Confirm the changes made to your flight.
JetBlue Change Policy For A Canceled Flight
If you need to change your flight plans due to a flight cancellation, Jetblue allows you to change your booking free of charge. Change and cancellation fees apply but are waived for any canceled flight. When your flight is canceled, you can rebook, credit the ticket for future travel, or request a refund. All fare refunds will be given in the original form of payment.
How to opt JetBlue Same Day Flight Change Policy?
The JetBlue Same Day Flight Change policy supports customers to change their flight booking any time up to two hours before departure. You can select a new flight from available options on the same day. If you need to make Flight Change request on same day, you can do so online via the “Manage Trips section” on the official website or get assistance from expert agents at the dedicated JetBlue check-in counter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Possible To Change JetBlue Flight For Free?
Yes, it is possible to change a JetBlue flight for free. Depending on the fare purchased and the booking fare rules, a change can be made without a change fee. However, relevant fares may apply.
How can I transfer my Jetblue ticket to someone else?
No, JetBlue Airways does not allow customers to transfer tickets to another person.
How to change date of birth on the Jetblue flight ticket?
You must call Jetblue Airways customer service to resolve the case of changing the date of birth. Customer service agents will evaluate the situation and guide how to resolve the issue best.
What is the fare for Jetblue Airways to change the flight date?
The cost to change a flight date on JetBlue Airways depends on the type of ticket purchased. Generally, customers may be charged a change/cancellation fee of $200 approximately in addition to any difference in fare. Customers should visit JetBlue's website or contact Customer Support for more information.