Lufthansa Airline promises hassle-free travel to prominent destinations across the globe. Pamper yourself with pleasant travel accompanied by comfort and elegant features. If you want to change your flight, Lufthansa gives its customer the facility to change a flight, which can take 2- 24 hours before departure. For further check out the Lufthansa change flight policy and everything below.
How to Change Lufthansa Flights?
If you have already booked your flight with Lufthansa, no worries. You can still change your flight rather than cancelling your Lufthansa Flight if your plan gets revised. This airline helps you to adjust your travel plans easily and flexibly with its Lufthansa Airlines Flight Change Policy. The Passengers can change their Lufthansa Airlines flight travel time, name and date, etc. There is no flight change fee with Lufthansa Airline if you make changes within 24 hours of booking. Otherwise, you will have to pay a fee according to the type of your booking.
What is the Cost to Change Lufthansa Flights?
All Lufthansa flight change Fee rely on the terms and conditions of the type of ticket the passenger purchased. Flight change fees differ for booking classes with Lufthansa, such as Lufthansa Airline Business Class, Premium Economy Class or First Class. As per the Lufthansa Flight Change Policy, you can change the flight route depending on the ticket type. You can change your flight or upgrade your seat as per the Lufthansa Airlines Seat Selection Policy. In addition, you will need to pay the difference between the new reservation and the previous reservation.
- The flight change fee for changing flight booking with Lufthansa is approximately $100 to $1,200, depending on the time of flight change, ticket type, and terms and conditions.
- You can change Lufthansa Booking for free with a complete refund within 24 hours of your reservation as per the airline 24 Hours Cancellation Policy.
What are the Methods to Change Lufthansa Flights?
There are different ways you can change your flight dates and Lufthansa flight tickets with the help of an online Website, Mobile App, and via Calls, depending on which one suits you best. By all of these methods, changes in flight dates can be possible. The available methods are:
i) Lufthansa Change Flight - Through Mobile App
Lufthansa Airlines has launched a mobile app for the comfort of passengers; the mobile app can be used to get information about the airlines, book a flight, or modify the date. You can adjust the date of your Lufthansa flight ticket with this app.
Steps to Change the Date with Lufthansa Mobile App:
- Install the Lufthansa Mobile App on your mobile phone.
- Open the Lufthansa app and sign in with your account to access the trips.
- Tap on the Menu Button and Choose the “My Bookings” option.
- Details of your reservation will appear on the screen,
- Under the flight ticket, the option “Change date” will be available,
- Tap the option and change the date to search for flights
- Choose a new flight ticket suitable for a new date,
- Check if there is a fare difference.
- Mention payments for currency exchange rates and different amounts.
- Continue with booking a flight on a new date.
- Download your e-ticket to your device after the exchange date.
2) Lufthansa Change Flight - Through Website
All changes can be made with the Manage booking option on the Lufthansa Airline website. Enter the verification code and last name, log into your trip, select the date change option, search and book flights and new dates through the website, and get confirmation through email.
3) Lufthansa Change Flight - Through Call
Contacting Lufthansa’s customer service can also help you change your flight date. Get the contact number from the official website and call the number. Wait till your call connects with theirexecutives and let them know you want to change the flight date and tell them your booking confirmation number. The operator will make the necessary changes and rebook the flight with a new date and administrative fee.
Can I Change my Flight to a Different Destination?
If you have changed plans and want to change your destination, you need Lufthansa Airlines to change your flight destination. Then you can do it online and offline. Follow the steps mentioned below to change the flight location:
Steps to change Lufthansa Flight Destination Online:
- Install the Lufthansa Airlines application from the google play store or the App store by apple.
- Login to your account by entering your ID and password.
- Go to ‘’my booking”.
- Enter the booking number and date of your travel.
- Choose the ticket that you want to be changed.
- Check whether you are eligible for a destination change; if yes, click “new destination”.
- Enter the new destination’s airport or city name and search for a flight.
- If there are any available tickets, pay for the fare difference and Lufthansa Airlines flight change fees.
Lufthansa Same Day Flight Modification Rule
Suppose you made the reservation on a Lufthansa flight. So you need to make sure you know these policies. Therefore, if you are planning to make the change, make sure you have made the change within 24 hours of booking. In this case, you will not be charged for the changes you made to the flight. It will be free for you.
How Do I Rearrange My Flight With Lufthansa Airlines?
You can quickly reschedule your flight with Lufthansa Airlines by paying additional flight charges according to your ticket type. Moreover, passengers have a specific time frame for rebooking a flight. You can only reschedule your flights to various destinations under the Lufthansa Flight Change Guidelines. Ensure that the new flight’s departure will occur within the next 14 to 50 days, according to Lufthansa’s flight change policy.
Therefore, you can reschedule your flight by visiting the Lufthansa Airlines website as per the Lufthansa Flight Change Policy; below are a few steps:
- The passengers must look for the ‘My Trips’ section on the website’s homepage.
- Once you locate it, select the ‘Manage my booking’ option. Proceed further and fill in the respective details to access your reservation.
- Enter the Reservation ID and last name.
- Hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will be redirected to another page, where you can see your booking made with Lufthansa.
- Select the reservation that you want to reschedule and then press on the ‘Change Flight’ option.
- Select the ‘Reschedule Flight’ option and proceed with the instructions.
- Complete the payment (if applicable), and it’s done.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Change Lufthansa Flight At The Time Of Scheduled flight change or Flight Delay?
If there is a Lufthansa flight delay of more than 3 hours, you can change your flight at the stand or request a flight change at the counter without a change fee. Moreover, In this case, you can change a flight at no cost till 7 days from the original departure of your original flight.
What if my new flight(i.e, Lufthansa airlines) is more expensive than my original flight?
If your new (rebooked) Lufthansa Airlines flight is more costly than your original flight, you must pay the fare difference when you rebook.
Does Lufthansa Airlines have a free cancellation policy?
Yes, Lufthansa Airlines has a free cancellation policy. So, here is the free cancellation policy of Lufthansa Airlines you don't have to pay any charge to the airlines.