Delta Airlines Change Flight allows you to change your flight within the same day of booking. You must know about the Delta flight change policy if you want to take advantage of the services. This policy helps you change the date, name, location, or any other changes on flight.
Delta Flight Change Policy - Ticket Variants
Passengers on Delta Airlines are free to choose any ticket type according to their requirements while booking a flight. There are three different types of ticket reservation categories offered by Delta Airlines are refundable, non-refundable, and basic economy.
- Refundable Delta Ticket: If a passenger’s plans change, they may request a refund if they still have their Delta refundable ticket. However, consumers are free to make changes to their reservations for refundable flight tickets with Delta at no extra charge.
- Non-refundable Tickets: Passengers must pay a Delta Airlines change fee, which can range from $150 to $400 depending on their route and point of departure. It applies to reservations for UMNR tickets or pet travel.
- Basic Economy Tickets: Though tickets for basic economy are affordable, there are numerous limitations on modifying the Delta flight. As noted in the Delta Flight Change Policy, basic economy tickets on Delta Airlines can only be cancelled or rebooked. Flight changes are free and refundable for Delta First Class tickets.
Complete Process of Delta Flight Change Policy
1) Flight Change Through the Website
- You can login to the official Delta Airlines website or open their mobile app.
- Select the “My Trips” tab from the menu.
- You can select the flight that you need to change.
- Add your confirmation number”, “First Name” and “Last Name”.
- Then, click on the “Modify Flight” option.
- Select the option “Flight date change.”
- You can choose your new flight date.
- Then, complete the process by paying fees if required.
- Get your confirmation details on your Email ID with the updated flight details.
You can follow the above methods of flight change with Delta Airlines, or if you need any help, you can contact Delta Airlines customer service at +1-855-738-4315.
2) Delta Flight Change Policy - Through Airport
When changing flights, passengers need to go to the airport. An executive from the airline will help you with the rest of the flight change process, but you must have your Delta e-ticket number and other documents.
3) Flight Change Through Delta Airlines Customer Service
You may reach the Delta Airlines customer support team by calling +1-855-738-4315 if you need to quickly and easily modify the details of your Delta airline reservation. Keep your Delta flight ticket booking confirmation number so you can provide the representative with the passenger’s information.
4) Guide to Change Award Flights on Delta Airlines
According to Delta change flight policy, you can change the date, name, or time on the ticket easily. If you want to make changes within 72 hours of the flight’s departure, you only need to pay $150. If you are a Platinum or Diamond member of Delta, then you don’t have to pay such fees.
5) The 24 Hours Delta Flight Change Policy
Delta Airlines allows travelers to change their flights on the same day. The airline charges a $75 service charge if you change your flight on the same day. With this policy, you can make changes within three hours of your departure time.
6) Flight Change by Talking with Live person
The best and most reliable option at Delta is to speak with a live person directly. Simply follow the instructions below to change your flight via phone call. Dial +1-855-738-4315, you will be connected with the Airlines Help Desk expert after a quick call. Follow their instructions when they give on-call instructions.
List of Delta Flight Change Policy Fees
According to the policy of Delta Airlines, passengers can make changes to their flights when needed. Delta Airlines charges fees for making the changes to the flights. An airline may charge one of the following types of fees:
- As per the rules of Delta Airlines, flight changes like time, destination, and date of flight can be done within $150 to $200 for domestic flights
- Delta change Flight fees range between $200 and $250 for International flights; fees may vary according to the distance of travel.
- Flight change fees for Award Tickets are $150.
- If your ticket is non-refundable, then the Delta flight change fee ranges from $200 to $400.
Tips For Flight Changes on Delta Airlines
Your ticket will be worthless if you don’t modify or cancel it before your departure. You must pay the price difference if your new ticket is more expensive than your previous one. A basic Economy ticket cannot be changed unless it qualifies for Delta’s Basic Economy Waiver. A fee may be charged to change some tickets coming from Europe, Africa, and other international locations. For more information, refer to the fare terms on your ticket.
Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy permits customers to modify or change their flights without a problem and on time. This helps them reduce the stress of changing plans and confirming a new flight to their destination to handle the proper schedule. For more information about flight change call +1-855-738-4315.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the flight change fee for a non-refundable ticket?
You can cancel non-refundable tickets, but you won't get back the full amount you paid for them. Depending on your final destination, changing a Delta Non-Refundable Ticket will cost you between $150 and $400. Fortunately, you can modify your flight ticket if you reserved it using Delta Points.
How do I avoid the Delta flight change fee?
If you wish to avoid flight change fees, you must make the change within 24 hours of the original purchase. Members with Gold Medallion, Platinum, or Diamond status can make a change within 24 hours of purchasing.
Can I reschedule a flight with Delta Airlines?
Within 24 hours of your scheduled departure time, if you need to modify your flight time, you can use our Same-Day modify feature in the Delta mobile app to search for alternate flights and possibly choose a confirmed or reserve option.